Thursday, November 26, 2009

A working Thanksgiving

Hubbs and I had a busy, but quiet day.  We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family this past weekend, which was very nice, but hectic.  Hubbs' parents accepted an invite for Thanksgiving dinner with some relatives, so today for the holiday it was me and Hubbs....I was so excited.  Not that I don't enjoy being with family, but we didn't have to run around and we could just "relax", even though we were hard at work all day. 

We did more work around the house consisting of putting in new windows, 1 in the nursery and 3 in our bedroom.  I did some trim painting in the nursery as well.  Then, I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner...for two. 

As I was watching Hubbs install the nursery window, I thought of many things to be thankful for....here are just a few. 

- No rain today. 
- Hubbs did not fall off the ladder.
- Despite all of the work it needs, we have our home.
- Hubbs knows how to and is able to do most of the work that needs to be done.
- We are financially able to buy the things needed to make the necessary renovations.
- We are getting a nursery ready.
- There will very likely be a little one in our home in a short while.  

Hope you had a Thanksgiving full of many reasons to give thanks:)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so great that you're able to install the windows - that's a big project! Glad you had a nice holiday. As much as I enjoy our family gatherings, I think I would also love a Thanksgiving dinner for 2.

Kellie said...

That sounds wonderful! It's always fun to be with family but a nice quiet dinner for two sounds great too!

Coleen and Gordon said...

when do we see updated nursery pics!!