I had a dentist appointment this evening and the dental hygienist was pregnant. In the past, I know that a pregnant person working on my teeth would have just pissed me off thoroughly, but it didn't this time. I even asked her the due date and it happens to be about 3 weeks before emom's due date. I don't know why I was surprised, but this girl was definitely pregnant. Because I've hardly talked with B, I wouldn't really know how much she's showing, but I think seeing the hygienist gave me a good general gauge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While Hubbs was working, I stopped by a local baby furniture place called Bab.y S.uper.mart. I realized that I have been calling it BabysMar.t, as in Pet.sMart, the large pet store chain. I was a pet owner for 13 years. Some habits are hard to break.
I had planned on just checking out their selection of cribs and gliders. I ended up ordering a crib and an amazing swivel rocker gl.ider recliner. Hubbs was a little disappointed that I didn't wait for him, but he's so busy with work, I don't know when he would have been willing and able to go with me. Not to mention, I'm even more wishy-washy when I'm with him and he's not a big help. "Whatever you like" is his typical reply when it comes to decision-making on items for the home. I'm really happy with my selections.
They told me 6-8 weeks for both to come in, although it may come in sooner. It may seem a little presumptuous and premature to be making these purchases, especially with my uneasiness about our communication with B thus far. But, I'm trying to stay positive. In the store, I went back and forth in my mind about placing the order. I finally decided that I'm going to stay in the present moment and do the best that I can to not be all gloom and doom about it. In this present moment, we are matched and the little one has a beautiful crib on the way.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

7 comments:
Oh my gosh! Yay for a crib and rocker! I wanna see pics!
How fun...I love your mindset, LIVE IN THE PRESENT = you are happily matched!
I can't wait to see pics of the crib and glider! Just so you know, I was talking to my attorney today about birth moms answering their phones, and she said that surprisingly from her experience, it isn't an indicator to a bad match at all. She said as long as there is enough communication to get business done, she doesn't worry a bit. Just thought I'd share that with you :)
BabySmart - I love it!!! I would do the same thing...I think we're at PetSmart once a week! Can't wait to see the crib you chose - hubby and I went and looked for about 10 minutes and then I realized we have NO idea what we're looking for! :) We are rookies, after all!
Yeah! So exciting! I'm so glad you are staying in the present and having fun purchasing things! It will feel nice to be so prepared. I ended up going to Babies R Us without my husband for the final mad dash and he too was a little disappointed but I know if he was there he'd just want to make it quick and get out of there.
It must be hard to know what to do in the realm of staying positive and hopeful, and what not to do to protect yourself. But the bottom line is that you will need a crib and a glider - so I'm glad you ordered them. That must have been an exciting thing for you to do!
I love the present moment mentality! To my mind, it is the only way to go.
So glad you found the furniture you like, it is an important purchase for your little one!!
Melba
Post a Comment