Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A book giveaway

Thank you again for the book recommendations!  I realized that I do have What to Expect in the First Year!  It was buried in my nightstand.  I can't believe that I'll finally be needing it.  How or when I got it, I have no idea. 

It seems that I've had various "libraries" during the course of our family building efforts.  They've ranged from the 'trying to conceive' type to 'life after infertility' books to the 'considering adoption' variety to 'adopting'.  After each stage we went through, I eventually got around to donating the books to the library or selling them on am.azon.

I was going through my current library and found one that doesn't belong anymore.  It's called "The A.doption Dec.ision:  15 Thi.ngs You W.ant to Know Be.fore Ado.pting" by Lau.ra Chris.tianson.  To be completely honest, it was not my cup of tea.  Also, I got it after we had already decided to adopt.   Duh.  But maybe someone out there will find it helpful, especially if that someone is trying to decide if adoption is for them.

I know that many of my followers are in the process or have already adopted, but if anyone is interested in this book, leave your email.  I will pick randomly, let you know via email, and ship it right out. 

P.S. I've enabled comment moderation and email addresses will not be published.

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

I have been reading what to expect the first year also--we did not have much time to prepare so I am a little behind in my reading.. lol

Coleen and Gordon said...

I read "What to expect..." that book every month. I like it. C is right on target.