Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Check's in the mail

The contract and bulk of adoption money was sent to the agency this week.  That part makes it feel a little more real.  I spoke with our consultant who suggested that I touch base with the agency later this week and also with B, if possible.  She says that it's time to start thinking about the logistics (booking flights and hotel room, discussing emom's wishes for meeting us prior to the birth--or not).  The plan now is that hubbs and I will fly out 2 days before the planned induction date.  If B wants to meet with us, we'll be there.   

As for other things to get ready, I went to get bloodwork to meet the agency requirements.  Hubbs will be getting his done pretty soon. 

I've been picking up things here and there at T.arget and BRU.  I've found myself wondering if I should go for it and get the girly stuff....or stay gender neutral.  I bought the girly receiving blankets:) 

I called a local pediatrician's office.  They don't do interviews with expectant parents.  I can call when baby's here to make an appointment.   

We have less than 2 months to go now.  Wow. It's still very surreal and I feel that I'm going through the motions. It's difficult to believe that our life may be totally different in about 8 weeks.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for my bloggy friend, RB, who is waiting for TPR (termination of parental rights) to be signed so that she and her husband can finally come home with Baby Mac.   








  

11 comments:

Rachel said...

E -

Right there with ya', girl! Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

hanging here with you hon. Hoping all goes well xxx

Lynnette said...

The two months will fly by while you are trying to prepare a little and with the holidays around the corner. I'm looking forward to following your story!!

Mrs H said...

Cool! It's really getting down there huh? So excited for you :-)

Denver Jen said...

This is so exciting. Hopefully the holidays will make the wait go quicker. I know it's stressful and there is so much to prepare!

Geochick said...

Wow! I'm really liking reading about matches! Hope it flies by for you.

Kelly said...

This must be such a strange process to go through. But it seems like things are proceeding nicely, and that's great!

Leah said...

Paying the money really makes it all so much more real.

Thinking of you. It's coming up!

Wendy said...

How fun that you've been doing some shopping! And yes, sending in the check does make it more real, doesn't it? I'm really happy for you!!

Marcie said...

So exciting. I can't wait to follow the next leg of your big journey.

hope548 said...

It always feels good to get things done. Progress during the wait!