This week, my sister-in-law (and good friend), her husband, and their 2 daughters moved 3,000 miles to the west coast to start a new life there. My hubby (her brother) and I are sad, but happy and excited for them...and then we're sad again...and yet excited about the new opportunities for them. Needless to say, there are mixed feelings for us and many others. I do know that they will be happy there and do well. Our nieces are starting at their new school next week. SIL has always been a great source of support to me and I'll miss being able to see and hang out with all of them whenever we had the chance. I'll miss my weekly walks with my SIL when we would catch up. We were both so busy that it didn't happen as often as we would have liked. Oh, the things we take for granted. E-mail and texting are good things...
------------------------------------------
My bathroom mini-renovation (my independent pet project in the house) is nearing completion. The plan is to eventually do a gut and complete re-do of the bathroom, but that is on the back burner for now. I got my inspiration from this L.owe's DIY magazine picture.
BEFORE--move-in day
yucky shower doors, pink walls, seashell border, pink curtains
AFTER--8 months later
Less pink, not pretty, but slightly better
------------------------------------------
Hubby is employed by the National F.ootball L.eague team in our area. One of the perks is the annual BBQ at the home of the team owner to kick off the regular season. This was our first year, so I was excited but didn't know what to expect. There were some celebrity sightings, including a certain superstar who fell from grace because of inh.umane acts related to dogs and a certain former P.la.yboy bunny who was on a reality show with her elderly boyfriend and his other girlfriends and is now married to one of the players. I did get to personally thank the team owner as he walked by for having us at his beautiful (read: straight out of Arc.hitecture Digest, museum-like) home. The weather sucked, which was unfortunate because it was very family-friendly with several kiosks set up for kids' games and activities. Lots of babies, lots of trophy wives, lots of bling-bling. Then we went home and made pizza.
------------------------------------------
Our consultant has sent us 2 situations this past week. We've decided to pass on submitting our profile to either for different reasons. It sucks, but I know that it was right for us.
------------------------------------------
I woke up at 4am today with a ginormous and literal pain in the neck, which has been going on for about a week. I couldn't get comfortable at all, so I came downstairs to watch some TV. The only thing on was a biography of C.onnie Chung. I was very surprised to learn that she and her husband, M.aury Po.vich had adopted a newborn son after several infertility treatments and miscarriages. I assumed they didn't have any children, but they are very private when it comes to him. In the mid-1990s, she was a co-anchor on the CB.S Night.ly News but it didn't work out (D.an R.ather--that bastard!) and she was fired. The week that she was fired, they learned that their son was born. She said that it was then that she knew that things happen for a reason. This got me thinking.
Was there a reason that I was able to see that particular show on that particular person when I'm recently coming out of a depressive state (other than the fact that the only other TV offerings consisted of mainly informercials before daybreak and I couldn't reach the remote because of my debilitating neck pain)? Could this be the universe signaling impending long-awaited good fortune on the baby front? I mean, come on....read the writing on the wall along with me, will you? Connie's Asian, I'm Asian. Maury's white, hubbs is white. Connie is a world-renowned and respected news personality and I, well, uh, I've...watched the news. They went through IF and eventually adopted a child they adore. We went through IF and waiting to be able to feel and say the same. Another thing I found relatable was when she stated that she didn't "embrace" the thought of adoption at first. I could defintely say the same, especially during and right after the IVFs. But, she said that once she opened her heart to it, she wished they did it a lot sooner. Me too.
-----------------------------------------
If you're still reading, re-read the title of this post. You were duly warned.


8 comments:
:( Sorry your BIL and SIL moved away! Hope you nieces like their new school:)
I'm sorry that your BIL and SIL moved so far away. That party sounds like it fun. Even though I'm not big on keeping up with celebrity gossip, it's still fun to be in that atmosphere.
I so hope you get your baby SOON!
So sad your sil and family moved away. :(
sorry to hear about part of your family moving away especially that far. I hope that through text and email you can still remain close:)
Thats so neat about going to the team owners house
That stinks about your BIL and SIL moving away. I hate being away from family. I really do hope the story was a sign for you!
I'm all for ramblings... you've got a lot on your mind!
Ramble away! That's what we're here for! I love pink but i've never understood those pink tile bathrooms with their pink potties!
sorry to hear about the move :-(
Sorry to hear about your fam moving...that's no fun! I was so sad when my sister moved away.
Sounds like a great weekend, and how cool to go to the team owner's house!
And I didn't know that about Connie Chung & Maury Povich...how cool!
Post a Comment