The thought of getting prepared for baby has me overwhelmed at times. Preparing for baby, on top of the adoption costs and renovating our home...it really adds up. I'm already planning on doing a lot of the things mentioned. The article makes a lot of sense, especially about registries.
Here's the recent S.martM.oney article. FYI there is a very short "commercial" before you get to the article.
8 Ways to Save Money on Baby Care
Shared via AddThis
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

4 comments:
Good advice there! I especially agree with the points about buying secondhand and skimping on toys for babies under 6 months old. My #1 biggest waste of money? Shoes. We never (OK, on special occasions we did) put shoes on Evie until she started crawling and then only when we were going out. Why do they make such darn cute shoes in size 0 and 1? Just to lure new mommies into wasting $$. :)
Hey E!! The article is great. Thank you for posting it. It is amazing how much money can be spent on someone so tiny.
I work with a set of quads (occupational therapy) and have learned a lot of ways to save as far as newborn items, etc... I will obviously have to purchase formula one day, considering we are adopting. However, bulk ordering does indeed seem like a smart option!
Karen made a good point... shoes! My nieces each have so many shoes and they are only 2 and 3 years old!... They outgrow them so quickly... and they are not always cheap! Cuteness does come with a price tag... but, I believe we can manipulate that to get cuteness for a reasonable price!
After reading this article... it makes me want to go shopping at garage sales, etc... to find some cute hand-me-downs. However, I don't have a baby to shop for! That is a small problem at the moment!
Have a super day, my friend!
Great article, thanks for posting this! I wholeheartedly agree with the registry thing. Because of the way Charlie came to us, I learned pretty quickly that you truly only do need the basics for a baby! :)
I know what you mean about the costs of everything...sometimes when you stack it all up, it seems totally overwhelming!
Melba
I know, it's all so much money.
The good thing about me being a nanny is I've been able to accumulate hand-me-downs over the years.
Post a Comment