Sunday, November 1, 2009

I've always thought it would be a cool job to choose the names of paint colors


Dialogue on an early Sunday morning in the paint department of HD...

Hubbs:  Hi, I need to find a B.ehr paint color.  I don't have the paint chip, but I know the name...

Paint lady:  Oh that's OK.  I can look it up.  What's the name?

Hubbs:  Bavarian Cream (color of the nursery).

Paint lady:  Is that spelled with an "O"?

Hubbs:  (thrown off by the question, as he is not a good speller to begin with)  Uh, I'm not sure....

Paint lady:  (after a few minutes of searching in the computer) 
I can't find it.  OVARIAN Cream, right?

Hubbs:  What did you say?

Paint lady:  Ovarian Cream...I can't find it. 

Hubbs:  No! It's BUH-varian Cream! 

Hubbs is pretty dry when he tells stories.  I had just woken up when he told me this story and I almost peed my pajama pants.  In fact, I almost knocked him over to get into the bathroom, laughing hysterically for a good 10 minutes.  After I calmed down, he told me that her nametag said "Trainee" and she had no more than 3 teeth in her mouth.  More hysterics from me.  Hubbs was not as tickled, just annoyed by his morning.

I can't begin to imagine what actual paint color Ovarian Cream would be...ewwwwww.


 

12 comments:

A said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA I would have peed myself too! haha that is HILARIOUS!

Prabha said...

LMAO. :) Nice way to end the weekend. Had fun imagining this conversation.

Jill said...

Now THAT was hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Hahahaha!

Melba said...

LOL!!

Kelly said...

Oh my god... I am laughing so hard! That's hilarious.

Dana/WiredDesign said...

HAHAHAH - that is SO great. AHH - I love it!

Michele said...

THAT is GREAT!! I have always thought it would be fun to pick the names of OPI nail polish... I think they'd be more likely to really have an OVARIAN CREAM!! LOL

Denver Jen said...

That's so funny!!!! Good way to start the day.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Ohh my gosh...this is hysterical!! As in I can't stop laughing at my desk hysterical!! I bet he almost died!!

Jodi said...

I am seriously laughing out loud right now! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

That. is. awesome!!!