Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Update

Our consultant rocks...have I mentioned that before?  She emailed me today, just to check in and see if I've been in contact with B.  Funny she should ask....

I haven't talked with our consultant in over a week.  Until today, she didn't know about my inability to connect with B.  We're now working more directly with the agency (via email), so I didn't think to bother her with my worries.  After I emailed her back about the unanswered calls to B last week, she wrote that she was going to get on the horn with the agency.   This afternoon, she left me a detailed voicemail stating that she talked with the agency and learned that the agency director saw B this  past weekend.  B had the flu last week.  The last time I talked with B, she told me that her child was just getting over it.  I don't know if it was swine or seasonal flu.  She's feeling better.  I've been worried about her getting the flu since pregnant women are more at risk.  So, the agency said that B is still in..."not to worry".

I didn't get to talk with our consultant tonight, but we plan on touching base in the next day or so.       

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that some contact has been made, I can't imagine how stressful the waiting is xxxx

Leah said...

I'm glad that contact was made, and I hope the flu B has isn't too serious.

RB said...

It would be nice for the agency to let you know that they met with B instead of you having to dig for info. Don't they know how freaking stressful this is for a-parents? It's obviously no picnic for birthparents either, but have no news means no reassurance which means a very very stressed out waiting parent :) I'm glad that there was a good explanation for why you haven't been able to connect. These last couple of months can't go by fast enough my friend.

Geochick said...

Glad you got an answer finally. And yay that she's still in!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that you've got someone else looking out for you. Hope B is feeling better soon.

Sam said...

Glad to hear some contact was made and that everything is still going forward. This is one crazy rollercoaster ride.... but so worth it.
Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Jodi said...

Glad to hear that you got the scoop! I'm sure it makes you feel better to hear that there was an actual reason for B not calling you back! Can't wait for more updates!

Anonymous said...

Great explanation for the non-contact! :) Hope things stay calm and reassuring for you...

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some informations! Being stuck in the dark makes the waiting worse. Congrats on the furniture purchase!

Denver Jen said...

This is great news! I'm sure a huge relief to you. Hope the baby room is going well. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress. Nice touch with the Ovarian White as well;).

Marcie said...

Looks like things are moving ahead full force! So happy for you. Also e-mail me... I can't find your e-mail.