Monday, November 16, 2009

Contact with the agency...finally

I spoke with our consultant tonight and she strongly recommended that I call the agency again.  I had called Friday after work, but no return call from the agency.  WTF?  So, I dialed the number, sure that I was going to get voicemail again, but there she was on the other end. 

She wasn't very forthcoming with information, as our consultant had warned, but she was cordial and answered the questions I had for her.  First and foremost, I asked how emom was doing.  She said that she just saw her today and that she was "doing great".  That was really good to hear.  I asked what she thought about me contacting emom since I usually just get her voicemail.  She suggested that I try her during the week (I had been calling on the weekends because that's when emom has free minutes).  So, I'm a bit confused about what to do, but at least she didn't tell me that emom doesn't want to hear from me. 

I asked about obtaining an attorney ("I'll handle that for you") and about the hospital where emom will deliver ("they know me very well there").  She received everything I sent, but hasn't had a chance to look over it.  (Consultant told me that she works at her own pace...Grr-e-a-ttttt.)  

I think that's about it.  Not a warm and fuzzy convo, but informative and to the point. 

          

17 comments:

Jill said...

Better than nothing I guess......
I have been praying for you guys. Hang in there!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh hon. I'm guessing at this point something is better than nothing. Still makes me go "grrr" for you tho. Hugs xxxx

Leah said...

It's so frustrating when the agency is hard to get hold of. And then it's even harder when you do get hold of them and they aren't real warm and fuzzy. :-( Thinking of you, and hoping this all works out.

kalibug said...

Glad you finally have some answers!! It is hard when we feel that someone is not as excited as you are about wanting a baby. Hang in there. Maybe she has forgotten the joy of a baby and that you need to know everything and quick :-)

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got to talk to the agency, but it doesn't sound like she was as helpful/understanding as she could have been. I hope her suggestion of trying the emom durng the week works...I thought you had tried to talk to her during the week already, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Hope you get in touch with her and get to talk to her soon.

Wendy said...

I just looked at your ticker, E...one month and 24 days to go! Wow :)

Kelly said...

Hmm. Well, I guess it's something, but I know it's not everything you wanted/needed to hear. Hang in there. This is a crazy process!

hope548 said...

I'm glad you got some answers anyway. I know this part is really hard because it's all you can do to take your mind off of it and not wonder. I would have liked reassurance every single day if I could have had it!

Denver Jen said...

I'm glad that you at least got some answers. Sooo stressful! I'm thinking about you!

Jodi said...

Well, at least you got to speak to the agency finally! I'm glad she didn't ask you to stop calling the emom, so emom must have indicated that she still wants to have contact with you! That's good news!

Does she have free minutes after 9pm on weeknights? I have Verizon, and I know that they do...

Nancy said...

I'm glad you were finally able to talk to her. I can imagine how frustrating it is at this point to just get voicemail.

Anonymous said...

I guess no news is good news?!

Melba said...

I guess some info is better than none, but still...how frustrating that she hasn't even looked at the things you sent yet!

Thinking of you...

Melba

Marcie said...

This process sounds so frustrating and stressful. I hope it all melts away come January. I'm off to send you an e-mail.

Maru said...

At least the wheels are turning, right? Hang in there!

Doripink said...

hey...got you email. I am sending you my home #. call me...i have LOTS of info that might really help ease you mind :)

RB said...

No warm and fuzzies, but definitely information. Unfortunately there is no road map for this journey and they are all different. Thinking of you and cheering you on all the way!