Monday, August 31, 2009

Is this really happening?

I woke up feeling a bit under the weather this morning.  My neck is still bothering me.  So, I decided to go into work late today.  I've never done that before. I either call out of work entirely or just go in.  I called to let them know that I'll be in around noon-ish.

I started to mill around and got a hankering for some french toast.  I needed some comfort food.  I was mid-flip of the french toast and my cell phone rang...our consultant, M, was calling and it was 7:45am. 

"Are you home?"  Yes.  "Is T home?"  No, he's at work.  What's up?  "Are you sitting down?" 

It turns out that the potential birth mom (pbm) who I thought was looking at profiles this week, actually looked at them this weekend...and...drum roll, please....

She chose us!!!!!

We're matched!(?)  Is this really happening?  OK, so what do we do now?  "You're going to be a mom."

I can't exactly remember anything else that M said, but after thanking her profusely, I called my hubby.  He was equally dumbfounded and happy and he started asking me questions.  "OK, so what do we do now?" 

There are more details we have yet to receive and figure out, of course.   But, it looks like we're matched.  (Did I really just write that?)  Baby, gender unknown, due in January (we think).  That's one of the details we have to get nailed down.  It could possibly be sooner (gulp!). 

I think that I have to send a special shout out to C.onnie Ch.ung.       

45 comments:

Sam said...

I am SO SO SO SO happy for you! This brought tears to my eyes - good tears! Congratulations!

Dana/WiredDesign said...

YAY! What an exciting post! Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

yayyyy!!!! Feeling really happy for you. Your post just made my day!! Have a lovely, lovely time soaking it in.

Lynnette said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your husband.

Allie said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

How exciting! And to be home when the call came. Yeehaw!

Allie

Erin said...

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! CONGRATS X A MILLION!!! Isn't that phone call amazing?!?!!

Bri said...

Ahhhhh!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

This is the best news!!!! I am so happy for you guys.

Rachel said...

Hurray!!! Congrats! Hang on for a wild ride.

hope548 said...

I'm just catching up on all your posts from the weekend. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Welcome to a new kind of wait.

KLTTX said...

That is great news! Congratulations. I can't wait to "hear" all of the details.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for more details! SO EXCITING!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Such happy news :) Can't wait to hear more details as they come.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay!!! I am soooo happy for you:) Congrats to you and Hubby!!!

Just Believing said...

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYEEEAAAHHH! So exciting! I can't wait to hear more details! January is so soon! YOUR GOING TO BE A MOMMY! WHAT A ABSOLUTE JOY AND BLESSING!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TIMES A MILLION TRILLON :)

Doripink said...

yea!!! soooooo excited for you!!!! email me! SO HAPPY!

GsMomAswifey said...

I'm absolutely thrilled for you! Your news made my day, I even had to call A at work!!! :)

Lisa and John said...

So excited for you. Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Oh, wow, wow, WOW! I'm so excited and happy for you. Yippee!

StylinMom said...

this is such great news....awesome!!!

exciting!!!!
m:)

M/J Granata said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so very excited and happy for you! I can only imagine what you are feeling and experiencing right now. How beautiful!! Best wishes ... and can't wait to hear more!
Hugs!

Mrs H said...

Woo Hoo! It really does seem that once people hit the deepest despair they get "the call". Wow! I'm gonna start sending connie chung vibes!

Congrats!

RB said...

Yay! My mom is a secret reader of your blog and she texted me this morning at work to tell me that you were matched! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you and T. I am almost more excited about your match than my own ;) You must be over the moon...

Coleen and Gordon said...

WOW!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!

Maya's Musings said...

Woooooohooooooo!! Congrats!! The mommy life is about to begin for you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, so happy for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! details whenever you have time will be eagerly awaited! xxxx

KT said...

Horray! Very Exciting!

Marcie said...

YESYESYESYESYES!!! The title made me think maybe. Then when you didn't just blurt it out, I didn't expect the big announcement! Oh Eileen. I am so very very happy for you. Weird how you start to think of your online friends as your RL friends. Tears are streaming. My gut reaction was to call you. hahahaha. I actually went to jump up and grab the phone.
I'm ecstatic for you.

Deb said...

Awesome news!! So happy for you both. Enjoy the anticipation of it all.

Angie said...

YAY!! So happy for you guys! Wishing for the best! :)

Ashley said...

OH!! YAY!!! Amazing news!! Congrats soon-to-be-mama. Enjoy the planning. :)

Jodi said...

Oh my God, I knew it! I felt compelled to check your blog for some reason! Sooooooo happy for you! :)

Jennifer said...

I am so so happy for you too! I can't wait to hear more!

Janna said...

Stopping by from RB's blog to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's the best feeling in the world to hear the words, "She chose you!!" I am celebrating with you!!!

Kel said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Kel

Wendy said...

Wow!!!! I'm soooo happy for you guys!

You are going to be a mom!!!

Wendy said...

I was just checking in on you again this morning! E - I'm SO darn excited for you guys!

Just really wanted to say it again!!!

Melba said...

OH MY HOW DID I MISS THIS POST???!!!

I am so completely thrilled and over the moon excited and happy for you. I got a chill as soon as I started reading your post. I have been waiting and hoping and praying right along with you, and your post left me in tears.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOW!!!!

So I can't wait to hear more when you know more...this is just so exciting, and the expense is killing me!

HUGE HUGS,

Melba

Richele said...

Congrats! And enjoy every moment as you get ready!

Lisa said...

I am sooooooo happy for you!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

kalibug said...

Congratulations!! We were just recently matched ourselves. Get ready for the fun part of the roller coaster ride!

Amber said...

how exciting!

Rachel said...

Whoo - hoo!! We can wait for our January babies together!!!!!!!!

HUGE congratulations to you! Enjoy it!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATS!! I am SO behind on my blogging so I'm a little late to the party...but YEAH!! I am so SO happy for you!!!! :)