Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm overwhelmed and so grateful for all of the good wishes being sent our way.  Thanks so much for the supportive words!  It means a lot to me.  It's still a shock, but right now, we're basking in the glow of being matched.  Finally, a baby for us.  Hopefully. 

We are hoping to speak with the expectant mom (emom) soon.  But first, we have to "apply" to become clients of the agency emom is with, which entails filling out the 16 page application and paying the application fee.  A formality really, but I feel like we're doing our homestudy again.  I'm mailing our application tomorrow.  Our consultant thinks that maybe in a week or so, we'll have contact. 

Our consultant group has a first mom on staff who does a one-hour phone consultation on the do's and don'ts of talking with the emom, so we're going to take advantage of that.  I set that up for the day after Labor Day. 

We decided to tell our siblings (my sister and BIL, his sister and BIL, and his brother and SIL), but swore them to secrecy.  They were all so excited for us.  We'll wait to tell our parents until at least after our first phone contact with emom.  Then, maybe it will feel more real to us.      

20 comments:

RB said...

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome! WHat a neat thing to be able to speak to a first mom to get tips. Would you mind sharing those on your blog? I'd be interested to know that dos and the don'ts. I'm so excited for you in this new phase :)

Jill said...

This is just such INCREDIBLE news for you guys!!! I am SOOOO HAPPY for you!

E said...

Sure thing, RB! Good idea for a post next week.

Thanks, Jill!

E

Coleen and Gordon said...

: ) Everytime I think about you guys I just smile! I can't wait for our next "meeting"!!! : )

Melba said...

I still just can't get it out of my head...I have been walking on sunshine ALL day long, ever since I read your news!! How wonderful, and I know you will be breathing sighs of relief once you get to talk to her.

We went the straight agency route, so I'm a little unfamiliar with the coordinator process. Good luck getting it all done and completing all those formalities!

Hugs,

Melba

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!!!

Dana/WiredDesign said...

Congratulations again! Can't wait to hear more!

And yes, DO share those tips with us if you feel so inclined. :) What a great resource!

Wendy said...

That's cool that you decided to share with your siblings! Just wait until you get to tell your parents...believe me it feels like Christmas morning!!!

So thrilled for you!

Deb said...

Good luck with the 16 pages. I rememder doing that so well. Took my hubby forever to do his. But you have a very good insentive to get it done fast since you're matched already (we weren't).

That is so neat that you get to talk to an actual first mom before you talk to the emom. Be sure to take notes and share if you can. I'd be interested in what she shares with you.

Kelly said...

Oh no, more paperwork?! It does seem never-ending at times. But this set of paperwork will be SO worth it. Still so excited for you!

Lost in Space said...

Stopping by from RB's blog to say Congrats!! What incredibly exciting news to finally be matched with your baby. Amazing!

Jennifer said...

I am so happy every time I think of it too. You will definitely have to post those tips.

hope548 said...

It is all so exciting and nerve-wracking and you want to jump for joy yet be cautious. It's a big mixture of emotions. We were very nervous before speaking with our son's birthparents, but bdad broke the ice right away and we had a nice conversation. Just be yourselves!

Amber said...

how exciting and so neat you get to talk to the mom soon:)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Wow, how surreal & exciting!! That will be awesome to get to speak to the consultant...can't wait to hear about it! :)

Denver Jen said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm behind in blog land and can't believe this amazing news! I'm so so happy for you!!!

Nancy said...

Oh wow! I'm checking in after being away for awhile. This is tremendous news. You're in my thoughts.

Allie said...

This is wonderful!!!!!!

Allie

Anonymous said...

E,
I hope my most recent post didn't offend you. I didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to wrap my head around so many emotions I feel about IF and adoption. I am truly happy for you. You deserve all the happiness in the world!
Yaya

Doripink said...

yea!!! I am sooo happy for you again (i know i said it about 20 times in our emails). Let me know what i can help with!
Can't wait to hear more updates!
Hugs-Dori