Work continues around the house. I'm trying to remain calm, cool, and collected....but I do get the occasional butterflies when I think about the baby who will hopefully be in our arms soon.
I talked with our c.onsultant last night for our weekly check-in. At that time, she didn't have much news to give from the agency. She is always encouraging and calming to me. She was in my shoes not very long ago and it gives me hope hearing her child's adoption story.
Hubby worked late, so I watched a movie last night, which I rarely get to do. "He's J.ust Not. That In.to You". I've only had it from Netfl.ix for 3 months. It wasn't worth holding onto it for that long.
This morning, I received an email from our c.onsultant that she sent not long after we spoke:
Hi E
I left you a long rather rambling message. The upshot is that I just spoke with [adoption agency director]. She did receive your application and she is processing that. I inquired about a time line for receiving the contract and she was unable to give a date but stated that she was working on it. She did say that she would send me B's contact info so that you can go ahead and call her. She reminded me that B has placed a child with her agency before and that she is familiar with the process. She also indicated that B is looking forward to contact with you now and throughout the pregnancy. [Agency director] would also like for you to begin making sure that you have all of the required documentation. I will double check the list and your home study but I am almost certain that you already have everything that is required. There is no need to mail those things now but it's probably a good idea to check the list. I will let you know as soon as I get contact info. I hope this helps to know that everything is moving along.
M
Hubby and I read it together. We haven't heard much since the call almost 2 weeks ago. It goes without saying that we both had big smiles on our faces. We're keeping our fingers crossed, not letting our guard down entirely, but jumping in with our whole hearts (advice from a good friend. Thanks Col;)) What a tightrope it is to walk between the protecting and leaping forward....I'm gonna need a net.
I think we're going to tell our parents tomorrow. And maybe we'll get to talk with emom this weekend:)
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

8 comments:
I've got my fingers crossed that you'll get a chance to to talk to B soon. Everything sounds great so far!
What a nice update to get! Hoping things continue to look up for you!
Yay!!!!
It must feel great to have some more news and information. And hopefully you can talk with B soon!
E -I'm so happy for you! Everything seems like it's going smoothly. I'm glad that you get to tell your parents soon - how exciting!! And how great that you might get to speak to the expectant mom this weekend. Can't wait to hear your update. :)
Awesome! Great email to receive! One huge source of optimism for me...was knowing that our BM had placed before. I hated (!) that she had been through so much pain, but I knew that she knew what to expect, etc.
I'll be your (hopefully, unneeded) net. You were mine : )
That is fantastic news. I remember walking that tightrope so well. It's not easy, but it's worth it!
Post a Comment