It's been about 8-1/2 months since we became homestudy approved. That would be the time since we actually became "pregnant on paper". If I were a fertile, I would likely have swollen ankles and a hankering for Taco Bell every night at this point of the pregnancy. If you're paying attention, I mentioned before that I'm sentimental and to prove that, I keep a notebook that includes dates of important points in our adoption journey. Here is just a sampling...October 31, 2007 (also hubby's birthday) was the first time I talked to our adoption person. January 18, 2008 was when said adoption person received the contract and our money. May 2, 2008 was when I purchased our first baby item (pack 'n play). November 4th was my last check-in. Next check-in will be December 4th.
I like to document these dates, even though some may not seem too monumental. For example, November 25, 2007 was the date I bought "Adoptions for Dummies" at Borders. Now, I'm wondering why the heck I wrote that down. Maybe because it made me feel like we were serious about this adoption thing. I don't know. A year later, still no baby, but I feel like we've come a long way emotionally from when we started the process. I don't have the ultrasounds, the twinges in the belly to show that a little one is in there, the expanding waistline (oh wait, I do have THAT), but I can look at my notebook and see how our journey progressed and how excited I am. Maybe our child would like to see that one day.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

10 comments:
I think it's great that you write down those dates. I'm sure your baby would want to see that one day. It shows your journey and how very much you loved him/her before they ever arrived.
T hasn't posted on her blog in almost a week. I guess they are busy!
I think it's great you've kept a journals of happenings, too! We did not, and I am sorry for that.
Wish I had.
Hang in there :-)
I think your journal sounds wonderful. Save everything. Your child would definitely love to see how much you wanted him or her and how excited you were to welcome him or her into your lives.
I keep notes, pictures, cards etc... someday it will make a nice book!! I have even been journaling to the unborn baby, so one day she will know what was going through our heads and how much she was wanted and anticipated... Keep it up Eileen...
I think that is a great idea actually.
Wonderful idea! You'll want to make a n adoption story book for your child and it will be lovely to share all the memories of the wait with him or her.
Stop over to my blog and enter the great contest I'm having! You only have until Friday to choose your day!
I think that is a fantastic idea. I'd love a personal journal from my mother of what she was doing to prepare for me. You will have a very lucky baby.
You are creating something beautiful for your future child!
Post a Comment