Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

We're in nesting overdrive over here.  I haven't done much blogging or reading of my favorite blogs because I haven't had a lot of time.  Some bullet updates: 

-We're leaving in 3 weeks...and still have to book our flight and car rental.  The hotel is booked.
-The house is a WRECK.  We're doing some last minute home improvement projects....the perfect time for it! 
-I submitted my time off request and fortunately for us, I can use sick and vacation time.  I'm requesting 14 weeks off....7 will be paid.   
-Christmas shopping is done. 
-We have to pick up the nursery furniture. 
-I bought the car seat (yes, we decided to bring one with us...or ship to hotel...thanks Jill!). 
-Hubbs had his required bloodwork done today. 
-We have to stop by our local police station and get fingerprints done (our state scans fingerprints rather than using ink, but agency wants the prints for our file). 
-Hubbs is working the next 2 weekends and our holiday social calendar is full.
-Received more information about emom through the agency.  She's currently going to counseling, which was good to hear. 
-Starting to freak out! 

15 comments:

Jill said...

No worries E! You have this ALL UNDER CONTROL!!! Laugh at me if you will, but I find "being under the gun" is the BEST time to finish a project. You will be so glad you did this before baby!
I am so excited for you both!

Lynnette said...

Sounds like everything is falling into place...The time is near..I'm so excited for you!!!

Imants said...

3 weeks???!!!2010 is going to be a great one! Maybe we can reschedule during your maternity leave. Let me know when you are settled.

Michele said...

I'm getting so excited for you!

Leah said...

What an exciting time in your life! You are the best kind of busy right now. :-D

Denver Jen said...

Sounds like you are checking things off the list like a mad woman. Nothing like prepping for a new baby over the holidays to put you into overdrive. I love the updates!

Kelly said...

I think I'd be freaking out as well! But it sounds to me like you guys are staying busy, and I think that's probably pretty important instead of having lots of time on your hands. And it cracks me up that you're having to get fingerprints again at this point. The fingerprinting is seemingly never-ending in adoption!

Wendy said...

That's pretty much where we were, too, at that point in time! You're doing great, E! Don't worry... it's all coming together. So close!!!

Prabha said...

This was such a fun update. I am excited for you. I am yet to book any of it. Air/Hotel/Car. Still debating between a suite with a kitchen and a room with microwave/fridge. :)

Geochick said...

Good luck - it sounds crazy!

A said...

Everything is going to fall into place!! AHHH YOU GET TO MEET YOUR BABY IN 3 WEEEEKKKSSSS!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!

RB said...

I am just thrilled to pieces for you! Everything will fall into place :)

Anonymous said...

The nesting is awesome to keep you from freaking out. I thought that the waiting got harder and harder as it got closer, similar to how pregnant moms feel about being "done" with it. And it will be great to be able to contrast all of this hyper activity with the blissful laziness of snuggling a baby for hours on end :)

Nancy said...

Best of luck. I'm sure everything will turn out great.