Is it really the end of March? Where is the year going? It's a crisp, sunny day here in the East but the temps could be more spring-like. I am looking forward to the spring actually getting here.
Has anyone seen that new show, P.arenthood? I've watched the episodes On D.emand and now I'm really liking it. Not M.odern Family kind of liking, but it seems pretty good. I kind of have this thing for Peter K.rause which goes back to his Six Feet Un.der days. **It's not lost on me that I've mentioned 3 television shows in four sentences, which demonstrates how much of a TV head I truly am. I could have easily added 4 more titles in that blurb without breaking a sweat. Pathetic. Surprisingly, I am not pasty white and I am able to socialize appropriately (I think) with other humans.
I'm still working out! After we got back from Jamaica, I wrote about the (over) consumption of empty calories at the all-inclusive resort. (In this economy, I had to get my money's worth, right?) I jump started my fitness regimen there and it's still going....two weeks later. That's pretty darn good for me.
Hubbs and I are registered for a r.ain barrel workshop! Yipee! WTF is a ra.in barrel, you ask? Well, I'm not really sure...that's why we're going to the workshop. What I do know is that the idea is to collect rainwater to use for watering plants and flowers, washing the car, etc. Our county is providing the container and a lecture on its use for a nominal fee. I went to a similar type of workshop through the county before I started composting a couple of years ago. We got a large compost bin for $5 (the same one retails for about $100) and I just had to sit through a 2 hour lecture. It's not so easy being green sometimes.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

13 comments:
OMG, I am a complete TV addict, too! There is nothing like curling up on the couch and watching one of my fav shows on Tivo:). I haven't yet gotten into Parenthood. I thought it would be too depressing for me, but maybe I should check it out? Have fun at your workshop! The year is flying for sure - which means the time until we have our babies home is also flying - woo hoo:)!
I am really enjoying Parenthood too. Life Unexpected has been okay too. The adoption myths in it are a little annoying, but if you can look past that it's alright. The workshop sounds kind of interesting. I wish my community was "greener."
I am also enjoying P.arenthood! I love both Peter Krause and Lauren Graham.
We have a rain barrel! It's awesome. We are hoping to get some sort of pump for it this year so we can get enough water pressure to use it with a hose. Right now I just have to fill up watering cans from it.
That is so cool about the compost bin!!! I am starting to compost and I would happily sit through 4 hours of lecture for a $5 bin! :)
Welcome back and congrats on the fitness- I wish I could say the same!
The rain water bucket should be great. It's actually illegal in CO for us to collect rain water since every drop of moisture in this state is owned by someone. (Of course, people do it anyway, who would really know?).
I have discovered Parenthood as well. We are watching it online, cause I can't stay up that late!!! Peter Krause used to be on one of my favorite shows called Sportsnight, before his Six Feet Under days. And I love Lauren Graham, from Gilmore Girls.
We have three rain barrels...great for the garden and non-native plants.
Keep us updated on the rain barrel. We've talked about one, so I'll be curious as to how it works out for you.
I never heard of a rain barrel, but that is what i get living in a desert. We don't have rain, so here it would just be a barrel.. boring :)
I know we have shared our love for modern family before, but i want to say it again!!! LOVE IT! Gosh I wish you lived closer! Since we share taste, I should look up parenthood. thx, I need more tv... NOT!
Very cool about the rainbarrel!
I like modern family, too!
good job on the exercising! We've finally had the "thaw" here and it's ever so much easier to get outside!
Yay for you with the working out!
We have a rain barrel and I LOVE it! Sometimes I forget that everyone doesn't have one in their back yard. It's especially great for those hot, hot times in the summer when watering is restricted. As long as there's water in the thing, you're good to go. It's nice to be doing at least some small part of my job saving the environment! :)
Melba
Yay for continuing to work out! Keep it up and soon it'll be second nature. I wish we could use rain barrels, but like Denver Jen says, all the water is owned by someone. Including rain water. 'Course we don't get that much rain either so I don't know how useful it would be. At least Denver is going to keep going with their composting program - I love it, I give them all the scraps and they have to deal with the pile!
I'm a tv junkie also...and I have been watching Parenthood, and I love it! I decided to watch it since Lauren Graham is in it, and I loved Gilmore Girls!
You go "green" girl!!! :)
Post a Comment