I was feeling kind of doodoo-ish this morning...feeling down in the dumps, hopeless about this adoption process, and alone. The pregnancy announcement this weekend didn't help matters, but I know how it goes. I tend to mope around for a while and then I snap out of it eventually...the bad news is that the snapping out part usually doesn't fully occur until the baby is born. I love the baby part. It's the pregnancies that I don't do so well with.
Received an email from my SIL....our 6 yr old niece in CA wanted us to have something to hang on our fridge. I opened the attachment and received the highlight of my day:)


8 comments:
I don't do well with the pregnancy either. It's mostly the whining "oh my boobs, oh my back, oh the baby's kicking me in the ribs" shut the f*** up! BE glad you can get pregnant!! Like my old lady friend Rilla says, "you can't take it out on the sweet little baby". Which is true.
Looks like you have a very talented niece!
Wow that's a great picture for a six-year-old, I'm impressed!
I completely understand about the pregnancy thing. It always used to take me a while to absorb the news too. There's no way around it, waiting is HARD...especially when you're our age and surrounded by fertile people.
Hugs,
Melba
I meant to comment yesterday about the race, because I so feel like that sometimes. Like it should be my turn when someone else is getting pregnant, but the feeling goes away and I know yours will too.
On the other hand, that is such a cute drawing!
so sweet, sometimes the tiniest things can bring us back!!
m :)
: ) love it!!
Beautiful picture. And my article was accepted for publication. I will proudly send you a copy when it's published. You are helping so much sharing your story xxx
So sweet, and I can see how that can cheer you up. :-D
You articulated so well what I have always felt and struggled with. Once the baby is here, I do great. I love babies! It's the pregnancy part that I always struggled with.
So sweet of your niece. Hang in there!
Post a Comment