There is a doggie and star ticker all the way at the bottom of my blog. It was one of the first things that adorned this space when I started blogging. It reports how long we've been waiting to adopt. Well, I just learned that the ticker stops keeping track after 1 year, 11 months, 3 weeks, and six days.
Today, March 5, 2010, marks 2 years that we've been home study ready. Today, the ticker turned over and now reads, "We applied for adoption today!". Argh. Goodbye, adoption ticker!
Our homestudy update visit with our social worker is on Monday.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

12 comments:
Oh, E. Good riddance, stupid ticker! Your convo with DH was interesting...very truthful and sort of bittersweet/funny, too. Yall sound like a great couple who will make great parents. Pulling for you, thinking of you, as always.
I wish I had something helpful to say. All I've got is that it sucks. xxx
E- Been thinking of you and hubbs more than you know.
((Hugs))
Jill
Nothing like a swift kick in the gut from a blogger "gadget". Sorry, E.
Wishing, hoping, praying for wonderful things to come!
Ugh. Just UGH! And I was never fond of tickers anyway.
Well, it turns out that the ticker does work...today it reads that we've been waiting to adopt "2 years and 1 day". Grrrreat. Doesn't make sense that it started off the 2nd year with "We applied for adoption today!". Oh well. got rid of it.
Thanks for the thoughtful comments:) So appreciated, as always.
Nothing like adding insult to injury. Sigh. Hang in there. I'm thinking about you guys...
Just found your blog through Maru's. You write beautifully. I'm sorry you've got so much pain to write about. Someday you won't. Really.
That just sucks. May this update be the last.
Ugh. I'm sorry E...I wish I could wave a magic wand and find you the baby that is meant to be yours! Thinking of you, as always...
Good luck on Monday!!!
E, I know it sucks...
Although it's no fun to update the home study and go thought it all over again, at least you've got experience, you know what to expect. And nothing will happen unless your home study is up to date, right? I don't want to sound like a cliché, but going through this will bring you one step closer.
Hang in there. *Hugs*
I just found your blog, you know, links through links, through links, but am compelled to comment. My husband and I have been HS ready for 2 years, 2 months and 3 days...I know, because I have a ticker on an adoption board that I frequent. When it hit the 2 year mark I really considered turning the damned thing off. Seriously. Like I needed a reminder. But I didn't and there it sits. Having said that, we had a match for about 2 hours 4 weeks ago (then the bgrandma stepped in and halted everything), and as of one week ago, we've been matched for a baby due in one month. We're still not telling the world (except in internet land of course), but we're pretty hopeful at the moment. Cautiously so, but it's better than the silent wasteland of the past two years. I'm telling all of this to you to bring you hope. I really do get it. If you ever want to chat, feel free to email me: lisajohnadopt[at]gmail[dot]com
Lisa
Post a Comment