Our region is expecting well over a foot of snow this weekend. I did my panic-shopping for all food staples (read: yummy snacks and carbohydrate-loaded comfort food) yesterday evening. Guessing from the scene at the grocery store, my entire county had the same thoughts. I can't remember the last time I bought a block of V.elveeta cheese, but it seemed like a necessity at the time.
Mind you, we don't live in the middle of nowhere. I expect the roads to be clear by Sunday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was on the shuttle bus coming from work yesterday and I heard a woman talking about her granddaughter. She said that she would be a month old on the 9th. If all had gone according to plan with us, "our (theoretical) child" would have been a month old on the 7th. I didn't even think about it until I heard that lady say that. Time has really flown by. It's been one month since we traveled to another state, anticipating our life to change in just a couple of days. Well, we all know how that turned out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I now have 3 pregnant co-workers. The most recently pregnant one told me the other day and I'm really happy for her. She had experienced a miscarriage late last year and while we were matched, I was hoping that she would get pregnant soon so that there would be four of us expecting. It would be fun to see management go completely nuts. All three are pretty good friends of mine at work. I'm back on the sidelines where I'm most accustomed to being.
I gave one of my expectant co-workers a recommendation on a portable crib. She had been looking for the bassinet part of their current pack 'n play since their move to a new home, but she worried about space constraints in their bedroom. So, I suggested a particular brand portable crib, explained my reasons for wanting it, then showed her the one that I had researched online and the website where I found it cheaper than BRU. She told me the next day that she's buying it.
I found it quite funny that I was giving baby gear advice to a mother expecting her second baby. While I'm still not a member of the "club", it made me feel like I knew what I was talking about. Ahhh...it's the little things these days that keep me going.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm planning my first giveaway and I think that I'll do it tomorrow. Check back to enter!
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

8 comments:
Enjoy the snow! After my miscarriage, I used to have those thoughts about how old my baby would be, etc. I even had one friend who had the exact same due date as mine so it was a steady reminder. You have a very healthy outlook though and I'm amazed you can give baby gear advice! I still don't understand baby gear.
snow sounds very appealing right now, it's so hot here. I am sure you must have incredibly sad moments but you seem so "together" when you post. I think you are amazing xxx
I do the same thing with baby items. I have a room full of baby things and no baby, but after all that research I know the stuff I like.
The anniversaries or reminders (like with the one-month-old baby) are so difficult. It just sort of brings everything back to you, doesn't it?
I'm glad you prepared for the snowstorm with the proper provisions! We've got over two feet right now and it's still going, and I'm glad we have some good comfort food for the weekend!
Thinking of you... you are a very strong and wonderful woman! I am praying for your heart... I am! Enjoy the snow!!!!:)
I cracked up at your comment about the Velveeta cheese, funny! Hope you stay safe and warm...we still have NO snow here in Michigan, which is just plain weird.
I can't believe it's already been a month tomorrow either. Time certainly does fly! Hang in there with the waiting again...I know it must really be hard.
Hugs,
Melba
E, we have two feet of snow here, and my county is in a state of emergency! I wonder how much you got on your side of the state?
We stocked up on some essentials too. Matt is mad because he wants to go get Chinese food and we aren't allowed out on the roads, lol!
I'm used to being on the sidelines also, or as I like to say on the outside looking in. It is ironic that you are giving advice to that woman! But I think that just goes to show what a selfless, giving person you are! I'm amazed at how well you seem to be coping with everything you just went through. You are such a strong person, and I admire you for that! (((hugs)))
I love velveta!! did I spell it right? Oh it doesn't matter. curl up with your block and watcha good flick!
Post a Comment