Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This is what Oprah must feel like

It's another children's book giveaway and it's my absolute favorite!  That's why I say that this is what Oprah must feel like, especially during her famous "My Favorites" episode each year....*ahem*... minus a gajillion dollars. 

Tell Me A.gain Abo.ut the Night I Was Bo.rn, written by Ja.mie Lee Cu.rtis and illustrated by  L.aura C.ornell, was the first children's book (or any item) about adoption that I found and bought a few years ago, long before we officially started our journey.  I love the premise of the book.  It's the story of a little girl who asks her parents to tell her (again) about the night they became a family.  It's a story she obviously knows by heart.         

To enter the random drawing for this book giveaway, I ask that you comment about the very first adoption or baby-related item you bought.  Yes, you'll have to work for this giveaway.  But I trust that it will conjure up only happy and hopeful memories. 

The deadline to enter is Friday, 2/19, 6pm EST

Thanks for reading and good luck!   

20 comments:

Leah said...

My very first adoption purchase was an adoption book called we belong together. I can't wait to read it to my son. :-D

PD said...

First adoption related purchase was Adoption for Dummies. First baby purchase was a pair of baby duckie slippers that I found on clearance.

Kelly said...

This one is on my wishlist! But I will gracefully bow out of this contest since I won the last one. :) The first adoption-related items we bought, though, were books (for grown-ups) about Ethiopia and trans-racial adoption. I'm all about the books!

Sissy said...

I think we bought the crib, actually and a baby names book. Hmmm. Baby-related, but not really adoption related.

Richele said...

i was tired of buying fun baby presents for everyone else when i finally decided that i wasn't going to jinx our adoption and bought the cutest stuffed monkey who lives in the pocket of a security blanket.

Julie said...

The first adoption related thing I bought was the book Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul. Love It!!!

Jodi said...

My first adoption book was Adoption for Dummies. Straight to the point and easy to read! :)

RELH said...

My very first adoption purchase was my application fee!

SaraAugy said...

My first adoption purchase was onesies of several different sizes and Dr. Seuss' book "Are you my mommy?"

Jodi said...

Oh and my first "real" purchase was a turtle onesie!!! I found it on Etsy!!!

Mrs H said...

Crap! I posted with the wrong id! It was "Heather" rather than my adoption id....

would you delete it please? It was adoption for dummies and a garage sale.

Thanks!

PCOSChick said...

The first adoption book we bout was I Wished For You by Marianne Richmond. I cannot wait for the day I get to read it to much child, because it is so very true! I wish everyday for my child.

stephanie said...

I bought a picture frame that said "I made and wish and you came true" I plan on putting it in the baby's room and I can't wait for that day.
Stephanie

Marcie said...

I bought a print from Brian Andreas. I love his work, and have his books, but was waiting for the perfect time to order a print. I got

Such Small Things

For a long time
there was only your footprints and laughter in our dreams
And even from such small things
We could not wait to love you forever.

It hangs in his room.

I have the book, so I'll keep my name out of the contest.

Susanne said...

My very first adoption purchase wasa baby swing. What can I say, we went all out on a big item.

Maru said...

The first adoption related thing I purchased was a subscription to Adoptive Families Magazine, back when we had just made the decision to adopt. Learned a lot from them (and am still learning). The very first baby item was the crib.

February 19?? That's when we have our Finalization Hearing. Yes, tomorrow! :o)

Unknown said...

I remember this, because my husband actually bought our first baby item, and I couldn't believe that he did. He is very into music and was ordering a t-shirt from Merge Records for himself -- and bought a matching onesie.

Anonymous said...

Our first purchase for Evie was a pink outfit we found in Mexico since we were on our way there when we got the call. I can't remember the first purchase overall because it was years ago!

Anonymous said...

The very first item I purchased was a lace bib in Venice on my honeymoon. Even then I was praying for a girl.

Anonymous said...

Our first adoption-related purchase was a book about how to adopt internationally since we were considering Ethiopia.