The Oscars? Nah. Emmys? Yawn. Golden Globes? So 2009.
Bloggy awards? Now, we're talking! And I got me some! Much, much better than the above. As Sally Field once said, "You like me...you really, really like me!". No red carpet though. We in the bloggy community really must work on that. At least I don't have to worry about what I'm going to wear. Well, OK, if you must absolutely know who I'm wearing, it's vintage (1995?) Old Navy lounging pants and tee shirt with an undeterminable stain on the front and this season's Dearfoam black velvet slippers. The bed did my hair.
I have a number of people to thank for this Beautiful Blogger Award. Melba, Jen, and Wendy....it's been a pleasure and an honor reading your journeys from when you were waiting parents to when you became new moms. Jodi is someone I've been following for some time and she is just starting her adoption journey. It's so exciting to read. Geochick is a relatively new one I've been following and she's in the trenches right along with me during the wait. She's funny and you should check her blog out if you aren't reading it already.
Right back at you, ladies!
Here are the rules if you are a recipient:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Post this award to 15 other bloggers that you like to follow.
3. Leave them a message on their blog so they know they received the award.
4. Post 7 things about yourself.
Who to choose? I have seen that many of my fave blogs have already received this award. These are some other deserving bloggers!
Sissy - waiting, domestic adoption
Kelly - waiting, international adoption (Ethiopia)
Col - mom, domestic adoption
Dee - mom, domestic adoption and foster/adopt
Richele - mom, domestic adoption
Jill - mom, international (China) and domestic adoption
Random things about me:
1. Going to Jamaica in a few weeks. We've never been there before.
2. I signed up for a graduate school open house in April.
3. I'm addicted to watching The Office (US) lately. 6:30pm on one channel and then 7:30 on another channel. I get pissed if I miss it. Mind you, they're all reruns. I also just received Season 5 - Part 1 from N.etflix too.
4. I really enjoy making Hubbs laugh--hard. He can be a tough egg to crack, so it's always fun.
5. We have 3 nieces and 2 nephews, ranging in age from 12 years (going on 26) to almost 5 months.
6. I often check a local dog rescue website, specifically for their senior dogs available for adoption.
7. I still have a picture of our embryos from one of our IVFs. I can't see ever throwing it away, although it was painful when I came across it in a drawer.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago


5 comments:
You definitely make me laugh! I love The Office as well. I'm addicted to Thursday night TV. I over-identify with Liz Lemon on 30 Rock so that is my favorite.
E, thanks for the award...I don't get them that often...:)
I love who are you wearing and I'm mad that you didn't call me to do your hair..next time. Actually you should see my bed head, sometimes I scare myself.
I don't mean to be bother but what did Tom say? Post when you can...oh and don't feel rushed b/c we have a couple bday parties to go to...but I'm still hoping to come home to some news...lol.
Ok...sorry to babble. Talk to ya later and thanks for the award!
Thanks for the award! Umm, Jamaica?! You deserve it - sounds wonderful! Also, I love that you look at the senior dogs. They all deserve homes, and they're always the last to be looked at. And I know what you mean about your embryo picture, I think. I recently came across our first ultrasound picture from our first pregnancy. It sort of made my heart stop for a second, but there's no way I could let it go. These things are part of who we are; it's okay to hang onto them even though they are sad memories.
You deserve that award, girl!!!
I didn't know you were going to Jamaica, how awesome!!! Have a fabulous trip! :)
If you've ever noticed, the words under my "Leave your comment" section say "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam." Although, maybe you did comment on that! I can't remember. We love the Office and can't wait for this week's new episode!
Thanks for the award. I promise I will get around to posting on it this week, once I can think of some interesting things to say about myself. I'm jealous that you are getting to go to Jamaica.
Post a Comment