To recount briefly, before we signed with our c.onsultant in June, we had been working with a f.acilitator since January '08. I finally talked with her last week to let her know about the match through our c.onsultant. She gave me the option to put our profile on hold or to keep it open if we're interested in "artificial tw.inning". In case you're not sure what that term means, artificial twinn.ing would occur if after our 1st placement, we were matched again and had another placement with a baby very close in age to the first child. Uh, so, a big no on the artifici.al tw.inning for us. I asked that she put our profile on hold for now and I agreed to keep her updated and let her know when we are ready to reactivate our file.
We have already plunked down a large amount of money with the f.acilitator, so I can't help but think about adopting a second time. Otherwise, we will take quite a hit. Being on hold is a sort of savings account (that doesn't accrue interest) for little one #2. Now, if it all works out this way, it would be wonderful. The savings account only works with the fa.cilitator, of course. We would have to count on her, and only her, to try to get us matched...again. I worry if it would happen at all or if it did, how long it would take because we didn't even get close to a match after 21 months. In fact, our profile rarely went out during that time.
I'm aware that my feelings about adopting a second time might change once we finally have a child in our home. Maybe I won't feel as antsy and be willing to wait longer or maybe I'll be too overwhelmed to start the process again right away or maybe we'll decide to write off the money and be parents to only one child (I'm not a big fan of the last 'maybe', primarily because it's a lot of money to just write off and we do want 2 kids). All of these thoughts are really for another day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to reality and the present, I went to BRU today to get some stuff for my cutie-patootie niece and ended up spending a couple of hours there doing some "research". I checked out crib bedding, sat in the gliders, looked at the car seats, and bought 2 boxes of diapers on sale and some pink Ca.rter's outfits. We may get a glider this week because the sale ends on Thursday (15% off, plus I have a $15 gift card from buying the diapers). The gliders and ottomans they had on display looked and felt as though pro football linebackers (WITH full equipment) glide away on them regularly. Sheesh.
Anyone have recommendations for a glider? I like the ones that look like oversized chairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go Phils!

12 comments:
So me and my friend Chaney, whom I met in adoption classes, have been talking about this lately. We originally had ideas of adopting, then adopting again down the road. But now we're both thinking, just get it all done with now. For our agency we have to maintain a certain numbers of hours per year to keep our license open. As you know it's annoying to keep your license up to date. So once we have our children (hopefully soon) and push through the adoption it would be ideal to be able to be done with the agency.
PS thank you for voting for my cousin!
I really like my glider. There's a picture of it on my blog in the section where I posted pics of our nursery. It's from BRU. We were able to use a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon on it (it's right next to a BBB store and they are trying to compete with Buy Buy Baby down the road.) Plus it was on sale. Anyway, it looks like an overstuffed chair - like what you mentioned.
You may indeed change your mind about #2 after #1 is home, but I kind of doubt it. I still feel quite strongly that we will adopt at least one more time, if not more.
I think it's good that you're thinking about your future plans. As we all know, there is very little planning that can be done with adoption.
As for the glider, I would get one that's not too low to the ground. They might seem comfy, but when you're trying to get out of one without waking a sleeping baby, you won't care about comfy! :)
SOOOOO exciting!!
Melba
You've got nothing to lose by planning for #2 already. I say plan away!
We actually got a call about a possible adoption last week. If I'd said yes, it would have been a pretty sure thing. Sure made me stop and think! I KNOW we want at least one more, but not quite yet ;)
I love our glider - it was made by Little Castles, I believe. It is SO comfy and looks so nice :)
We also already think about #2, and we're probably 2 years still from #1!
think about #2 ALL the time. I wonder what our family will end up looking like!! My thoughts go there all the time! Officially we will not go on anyones radar until June, but you never know : ) We opted for arocking la z boy chair! Love it! Plus it was easy to sleep in, in those early months when the babe wants to sleep on your chest all night.
I just got a glider that I adore from Land of Nod, but it took FOREVER to be delivered and there were several problems that led to a number of delays. It was a huge pain, but the glider arrived last Saturday and Norah and I are crazy about it.
Love to shop! Enjoy your "research". My baby must have for a winter baby is the Bundle Me.
Nothing wrong with daydreaming about #2. I was always thinking about how to bring this second baby into our family. We're almost there and almost done. We always said 3, but I think this is it.
Have you talked to the BM again?
We know that we aren't only doing this one time. In fact, we hope the Adoption Tax Credit is made permanent. Then, everytime we receive that, we can start over again :)
We're only planning for #1 right now (due in January!), but we're thinking about #2...and possibly beyond! Plan away, my friend!!
As for gliders my only suggestion would be to get one that has a high back so you can rest your head too. There were plenty nights I had to slouch down to rest my head b/c I was so tired at 4 in the morning....we are finally getting a new b/c of this.
Post a Comment