I called B last night. We only talked for a few minutes because I woke her up and I didn't want to keep her on the phone, but she sounded pleased to hear from me. She said that she's getting big and her feet are swollen, but otherwise she's doing fine. She didn't get the note that I had sent to her through the agency yet (sent it a week ago). She said that she had been wanting to call, but her daughter was sick last week. I told her that I hadn't called because I was falling asleep early lately the past few weekends. I thought that her free minutes were limited to weekends after a certain time, but it sounds like the minutes are free for her any day after a specific evening hour. So, B said that she would give me a call this week.
According to my cell phone, the conversation lasted just under 3 minutes, so not a lot of time for anything other than small talk. But it was good to be in touch with her again and know that she's doing well. I hope that we can start talking on a more regular basis.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

11 comments:
Glad you got to talk to her! :-)
Great! Hope her daughter is feeling better so many sick kiddos!
Glad to hear you got to talk a bit!
Glad that you got to talk to her a bit
Little steps at a time... Glad you got to talk a bit...
This was a good step. Just setting the foundation for more conversations so you can stay regularly in touch will be good.
I'm glad to hear that you touched base with B. That is always comforting.
Yay! Talking to potential birth moms can be so nerve-wracking. Sounds like you did great.
That's great that you guys were able to talk. :-D
Glad you were able to be in touch with her again...it sounds like things went pretty well with the conversation, even though it was short.
Sooooo exciting and nerve wracking all at once!!
Melba
It is so nice to be able to keep in touch...Glad you got to talk for a few minutes..
Post a Comment