Sunday, March 1, 2009

Can winter be over, please?

We have a Nor'easter headed our way tonight. They're calling for 6-12 inches, depending on which local channel I'm watching, and blizzard conditions tonight into tomorrow morning. Hubby has been working a lot of overtime and fortunately, had off this weekend for once. But unfortunately, he has to work tonight at 8pm!!! I won't be able to sleep until he gets home and hopefully, he doesn't have to work too long. He thinks he may be done after 2-4 hours, but conditions will very likely be bad on his way home....

I will probably stay home from work tomorrow. Stinks I have to take a vacation day, but I could use one anyway. And hubby will be home too.

Since hubby didn't work most of this weekend, we finally got back to work on the house. We started in the dining room and what is essentially our foyer. Our side door that leads into the kitchen at the back of the house is our main entrance. We have a front door in the living room, but it's not used that much. So, we enter into the kitchen, which goes into the dining room.

Can't believe we've been here over 2 months now....here's a sample of our progress. As you can tell, it's been slow.

January 17th...notice far right wall is intact....ugly but intact with a lot of wallpaper still attached. I have no idea why the wall underneath is the color of hospital scrubs. One of the many mysteries of this house.

Today...T has to tear most of the scrubs-green wall down because it's buckling. The original plan was to patch just parts of it with drywall. I wish he decided he was going to tear it all down before I peeled wallpaper off for, what felt like, hours. He finished skim coating the near right wall (and others not pictured).

5 comments:

RB said...

I hope your winter is over soon. You guys have been hammered. Get ready to slap me...it was 87 degrees here today. Why don't you move to California? :)

Marcie said...

We uncovered bright stop sign red paint in a small windowless room in our old apartment. That one really made me wonder!
We're snowed in too. It's really pretty but I'll take Reggie Boppy's 87 degrees any time.

Mrs H said...

Hope you can enjoy your day off. I HATE removing wallpaper. Last time I just painted over it and it's fine!

Jodi said...

How much snow did you guys end up getting? For once, we didn't get ANY!

Love the scrub green. Our house had orange paint in the master bedroom. Orange. I think they had a Southwestern theme. Yuck.

Melba said...

Wow, looks like a lot of progress, but also A LOT of work! I wish you guys luck in getting it all done, and in surviving yet another storm. We don't get it quite as bad as you guys do here in Michigan, but I too am more than ready for winter to move along!

Melba