Thursday, December 30, 2010

Randomness at the end of 2010

Thanks to all who have posted so far for the Lil' LJ onesie giveaway!  I'm going to extend the deadline for the giveaway for about another week to give more people an opportunity to enter the drawing.  See my previous post for more details.  To be included in the drawing, please post your comment under that blog entry.  Thank you!   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  We had such a special day with Grace.  Just like most babies her age, she loved the wrapping paper and boxes more than any of the actual gifts.  She just wanted to spend her time pushing an empty amazon.com box around the living room floor.  I'm sure she wondered what the brouhaha was all about.  She was a pure joy for us and the entire family.  

Grace's E.T. impersonation with the assistance of Elmo   
         
   She can't tolerate bright flash photography, but she will always flash a smile for the camera! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you didn't catch it, an older blog post of mine was published in Adoptive Families magazine this year.  This is how it appeared in the magazine.  I saw today that it was one of the "top ten most popular articles" of the magazine this year.  So....maybe there were only TEN original articles written for the magazine this year or maybe my article was included in the list because they needed a "filler".  Nevertheless, having it published was a personal thrill for me and I was happy and honored to share it with waiting parents-to-be.  I've been thinking about writing a follow-up post here because the happiness for us and support that we received when we finally brought Grace home surpassed anything we ever expected! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy New Year and thanks for reading!

Wishing a very special and happy 2011 to all of you who are still waiting for your dream come true.  I was where you were last year.  What a difference a year (or less) makes.    

6 comments:

Faith said...

I bet Grace was such a fun age for Christmas! I'm definitely looking forward to next year in our house:). And congrats on the Adoptive Families article - how cool is that?! I remember reading that post and linking to it from my blog a long time ago:).

Coleen and Gordon said...

I love seeing pics of her...She is much more photogenic than C!!! : )

Jennifer said...

She is such a cutie and I am so happy that you are where you are now. Next Christmas and especially the Christmas after that, she will be way into it. A blessed 2011 to you too!

Wendy said...

Grace could not BE any cuter!!! I love the pictures. And Zoe was the same way -- it was all about the wrapping paper and the tissue paper!

That's so great that you were published. I have a couple of issues of adoptive families sitting here that I still need to read -- I'll bet your article is right in there! I'll definitely look for it.

So happy for you, E -- looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Sissy said...

I am hoping that 2011 is our year! I'm glad that 2010 was your year!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And a great article!