Things didn't go as planned. We learned this morning that emom changed her mind about placing. I don't feel like going into the details...not right now. The main reason is that I'm just exhausted and we're traveling home tomorrow.
We're really doing fine since hearing the news this morning. I'm not angry. I wish emom and her little one well. We would have appreciated the courtesy of knowing all of this before we traveled halfway across the country, but this is all a part of our adoption journey. We understand that this is a risk of adoption and we have no control. It sucks, but what are you going to do? Nothing to do, but pack it up and call it a day. Once we figure out the finances, we want to jump back in the pool. I don't really see a reason to wait.
#MicroblogMondays - Willpower
11 years ago

50 comments:
I just want to say I think what happened is very sad and I am so sorry for you. I know this doesn't help in the slightest, but you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers as you wend your way home xxxx
Devastating. I am so sorry.
Pam
Oh, I am so so sorry. Please take care.
ugh. just ugh.
my heart just cracked a little bit more for you this morning.
you are on the right path ... i'm so relieved to hear you say you are jumping back in. both feet, girl - both feet!
Oh my goodness... I am soooooo sorry to hear this! I can't imagine what your heart is feeling right now. I am sending you a big hug. I hate that you had to experience this, especially after traveling! I will be praying for you... that you feel peace and that your heart heals... because your baby is coming! I believe this, too!!!!! Thinking of you...
I'm really sorry. :-( I've been thinking about you and this just sucks. Like you said, it's all part of the adoption journey, but it's still hard.
Please know I'm thinking of you.
thinking of you and hubby. my heart hurts for you both, please do not hesitate to call if you need anything. wishing you both peace - xoxoxo
I am so, so sorry. I am thinking of you guys.
I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear your news. I rushed to your blog this morning to read an update, but this is not the one I expected, or wanted to read. Sending lots of hugs your way.
Oh E, I am so very sorry.
Oh, E - My eyes are filled with tears and my heart is aching for you both. You are in my thoughts and you know I wish only the best for you. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.
I'm so sorry.
Having been through this myself, I am so, so sorry. I also have to say that you seem to be handling it much better than I did. All the best to you, and yes, by all means, jump back in the pool as soon as you can. We're still waiting...again.
My heart breaks for you. I have no words.
I am sorry for you and your husband but glad to hear that you are ready to jump back in the pool.
Oh E I am so sorry for you and your husband. You seem to really have it all in perspective and what not but I know it can still hurt so I will definitley say some prayers for you guys in these upcoming weeks.
F**K.. That was my first thought. (((big hugs)))
Mrs H
My heart sank when I saw the title of your post. I am so sorry. It sounds like you have the right attitude about it all, but it's too bad you had to experience this.
I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you.
Oh E, this just plain sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that emom changed her mind. My heart aches for you, as I know this isn't easy on you...
Your baby IS out there. (((HUGS))) my friend.
E - I'm so sorry :(
Hugs & Blessings sent your way...
Oh no, I am so sorry! I know there are probably no words that can make you feel any better. I truly admire your attitude, and I will be saying a little prayer that YOUR right baby comes home soon!
Hugs,
Melba
I am so, so sorry. There aren't words. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers and that our little community is rallying around you right now.
I am so so sorry to hear this. It breaks my heart. And, yes, jump back in, as soon as you can. You're in my prayers.
I'm so sorry.
E,
I was just telling my parents about your trip and your last update before this one...I'm SO sorry things didn't work out. So very sad for you guys.
Big hugs to you both.
This happened to us this past May. It's not easy to get past and coming home to my fully decorated nursery was hard. Even all these months later, I still think about that baby. Waiting is hard!
I am so sorry...
there just isn't much to say at a time like this....you are in my thoughts and prayers...
m
I'm so so sorry.
I am so sorry.
I am SO sorry, E...love and prayers for you! Every day!
I am so sorry to be reading your words and have nothing to say other than this is such sad news. As you know, I too have been through this and it's not easy. I wish you all the best as you recover from this. I'm glad to hear you are jumping back in the pool. We did the same. We started 2009 with a failed match and ended 2009 with a three month old. I hope that your baby comes to you soon. So so sorry and many hugs to you.
I am so very very sorry that this has happened. You are in my prayers.
my heart is broken. I don't even know what to say. I am sad and angry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I was praying for this baby to come to you and am so sorry it didn't work out. We had a failed match two weeks ago and after a mini-meltdown we jumped right back in and were told today that our profiles were out to 3 BMs. I don't know when we or you and your husband will get picked but it will happen so let all your friends and family surround you with love during this difficult time and soon enough you'll be able to celebrate a new baby. Knowing it will happen doesn't make the pain of a failed match any easier but you will get through it. Praying for you these next couple of days.
I am so sorry. You are my thoughts and prayers.
Oh, I am so very sorry. I feel some of your pain as this happened to us, but emom didnt even call our lawyer to say he had been born a week before. I am so sorry you had to travel so far and then find out. Prayers have been sent your way.
I am so sorry! (Long time reader, first time commenter.)
It goes without saying, but I am so very sorry to hear this. I completely respect her right to change her mind, and I imagine that once the baby is born, it's a whole different story, but it's such a shame you had to travel all that way with all that anticipation, just to be disappointed.
I am amazed by your attitude. I don't imagine you are feeling quite as cool as your post sounds, but I'm glad you have made your peace and I wish you comfort and healing while you wait for the match that will bring your baby to you!
Take care.
just wanted to check in on you/your blog again today...still thinking about you, E...
I'm so sorry! You've waited so long...I had a good feeling about this placement. Ugh.
I am so, SO sorry. I'm praying for you guys.
Im so sorry... :(
Oh I am so so sorry. :(
:( Have been out of town and came home hoping to see some happy news.
Know this is a difficult time and there isn't much I can say to make it better. Keep your head up...
((Hugs))
I am so sorry.
Stopping by from Wendy's blog...I am so sorry you are going through this and will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Also coming over from Wendy's blog. I am tremendously sorry. ((HUGS))
I'm so sorry. I know how bad this sucks. I hope your baby finds you soon
In efforts to recover from my own sad adoption story, I have been reading adoption blogs and I just came across yours. My husband and I were chosen on Oct 20th by a birth mom to adopt a little girl due on Dec 21st. She was born on Dec 28th and we headed to Florida from our home in Vancouver, Canada on Dec 29th. 3 hours after landing on the 30th, we were told that the birth mom had changed her mind and that she was going to raise the baby. I am so so sorry to hear that someone else had to go through this. Despite your positive attitude, I know there must be moments of sadness and loss, and my thoughts are with you. We, too, have put our profile back online but with that comes more waiting and uncertainty ... but also hope ... and that is what I'm clinging too.
Post a Comment