Friday, July 3, 2009

Officially signed on

I received a phone call from our *new* adoption c.onsultant, D, this morning. Our application package was received. Yay! We had to decide on an actual consultant. Before things get too confusing, I should explain...it was the owner and president of the consultant group who called me this morning. There are several consultants that work for the group throughout the country and they have a team approach to matching clients.

So, she asked me if we would be interested in a consultant in MA. She is new to the group, but is a new adoptive mom through them. She has a social work degree, currently works in a high school, and according to D, is very enthusiastic and "hungry" for new clients. I'm all for enthusiasm when it comes to us getting matched! To be honest, I was a bit hesitant because she is new, but since they work as a team, I don't see it as much of a problem.

I agreed to talk with her and D will give her our contact information so we can get started.

I've spent most of this day updating our profile so it will be ready to go out as soon as possible. Still working on it though...I thought I was done with this, but it needed to be done anyway even if we didn't sign with another adoption person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's exciting! We're contemplating getting a private case worker too on top of the public agency one we are currently working with.

RB said...

Hey, I like the new look on the blog :) I think it's great to work with someone "new" to the business, plus she has the unique experience of being a waiting family too. With her new eyes and the "experienced" eyes looking for you, I think it's a win-win situation!

Bri said...

I like it! I think you will benefit from going with the new gal!!