Sunday, February 1, 2009

Travel suggestions/recommendations needed

In the continued pursuit of "not putting our lives on hold", we are planning a vacation to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in May. We try to travel every year at this time and have been pretty successful in actually doing it, except for a couple of years when we were in the throes of IVF. Damn that IVF! We stopped by the travel agent yesterday to get some ideas and prices, but it's still kind of up in the air as to where we want to go.

Just looking for some suggestions or recommendations for a beachy, resort-type getaway...anyone?

10 comments:

KLTTX said...

You can never go wrong with Hawaii. Kauai is our favorite island.

Rachel said...

Hawaii RULES! I went to the big island and it was the best ever.

If you're looking for something not so far away, we went to Cancun. It was definitely an all-inclusive resort type place, if that's your thing. You could sit at the beach or by the pool and drink a lot with lots of relaxation. They offered side trips of snorkeling or seeing Mayan ruins for a little extra $$.

go to www.smartertravel.com and check out ideas!

Wendy said...

Coyaba Beach Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

It was wonderful! It's smaller - about 50 rooms - so it doesn't get too crowded. The staff was so nice. The room was pretty. The grounds were beautiful. The food was great. Strawberry banana daquiris...yum.

We were there for our honeymoon about 9 years ago.

Have fun, wherever you go!

Anonymous said...

We've enjoyed the Superclubs and Couples resorts in Jamaica if you're interested in an all-inclusive resort. If you're thinking about Jamaica just LMK and I can fill you in with more details :)

Erin said...

OOH!! SANDALS RESORTS ARE AMAZING!!!

We stayed at the Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay Jamaica! It was awesome! I've got quite a few pictures of the resort if you want to get an "inside view" :)

Just email me if you woud like any more info! Have fun wherever you go!!

RB said...

I actually am not a fan of Hawaii (Gasp!) However, I second Montego Bay, Jamaica. Cancun or the Riviera Maya is amazing in Mexico. I've been just about everywhere in Mexico and that is truly the best place. Aruba is also amazing. Wow, I'm so excited for you! :)

Anonymous said...

We've been to Aruba a couple of times and loved it, BUT our hotel was always PACKED with families (=small children). If we were to go on vacay right now, I'd want to go to a Sandals type place - all adults! We loved St. Martin and Anguilla...beautiful. I only did Cancun in college for Spring Break. What about spending a week in the wine country? Is that too close to home? I am jealous, but can't wait to hear what you decide to do!!

Jodi said...

I'm all about Cancun. It's only a three hour flight from PA, and it is gorgeous, and not too pricy! I would recommend an all-inclusive resort. That way everything is paid for ahead of time: food, drinks & hotel! If you are interested I can tell you where we stayed at, it was sooooo nice!

GsMomAswifey said...

Nope, I have no clue what vacation is anymore...I'm so jealous.

Looks like another year we won't be going anywhere.

Sam said...

As KLTTX states, Kauai is great. I've also been to Superclub resorts in Jamaica, and those were really nice as well.

Have fun planning and keep us all posted on your decision!