Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dogs are the gateway drug to babies


My husband and I have had our Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Jake, since 1995. He was 7 weeks old when we brought him home. Today is his 13th birthday. How time flies. Most people who know us know that he is like a kid to us. He's a big, sweet, and gentle guy, but doesn't move the way he used to. He's got the heart of a puppy though. Happy birthday, Jakey.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I read your post and had to laugh..oh How I look forward to the day when my pups slow down :)

(If you read my most current post you'll understand.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SWEET PUP!!And no matter how old they get-they are still your puppy aren't they :)

Melba said...

This brought tears to my eyes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!! Our first "fur baby," Ditto is getting old too, she'll be 10 in October. When we first got her someone I worked with at the time said, "couples who get puppies are usually pregnant nine months later." How different our lives would have been if that had actually been true. :)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog earlier. I'm still checking yours out, but am happy to have found you! :)

Melba

Happy said...

Yup. She's our surrogate baby. I've often joked about infertile people and pets.