Saturday, July 24, 2010

Back from the hiatus

So sorry about the long break from blogging.  I hated to be an "adopt and run" type of adoption blogger and didn't intend to leave regular readers of my blog high and dry.  Over the next few posts, I'll take some time to tell our adoption story. 

Most importantly, I'd like to introduce our daughter, Grace.  She has been home with us since May 1st and the adoption was finalized about a week ago.  She is now 5 months old and such a happy, smiley baby.  We can't imagine life without her.

**Photo removed**

29 comments:

Ashley said...

She is adorable. Congrats!!

Jill said...

YEAH E!!! Your're back!!!

Congrats on your finalization of BABY Grace!

Hope to see more of you soon! (No worries about the adopt and run thing...we all know how busy life can be with a new baby! :) )

Faith said...

She is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to hear more! There is so much good news in the bloggy world right now! I love it!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh I am THRILLED to see a post from you!! I've thought of y'all often. Grace is precious and looks like such a sweet happy girl! Can't wait to hear more...congrats again momma!
P.S. Love the new header! :)

Richele said...

Grace is beautiful and I'm so glad to hear from you! Looking forward to reading more about your story ...

Kelly said...

Yay, I'm so glad to see a post from you! I've been thinking about you a lot. Grace is absolutely gorgeous - and what a fantastic smile. Congrats on the finalization!

Wendy said...

E - I'm SO happy that you're back!! And Grace is a beautiful name and she is just so pretty! She's beautiful!!!

I can't wait to hear how you've been doing. Congratulations on the adoption being finalized!

Does she have reddish hair? Kind of looks strawberry blonde, like Zoe's!

Monika said...

She is an absolute DOLL! Congratulations, and I am so looking forward to hearing more!!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!!! It is great to hear from you again, thanks for posting! :) Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Your daughter is absolutely adorable. Look forward to hearing more of your adoption story. Congrats.

Heather said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to hear the story.

Jennifer said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Geochick said...

Glad to see you back! She's so cute! Love those big blue eyes.

Melba said...

I have been waiting/watching/wondering about this and thinking of you SO much!

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for you, I could just cry. OK...now I am crying.

WOW...I can't wait to hear the whole story and I'm glad you've come back. I was beginning to think maybe you had gone forever and I'm glad to know that's not the case. :)

Your daughter is truly amazing and beautiful...I love her name! Also still love that our babies homecoming days were the same...one year apart! :)

Huge hugs,

Melba

Prabha said...

Yayy! you are back. Love the new template. Grace is beautiful. Would love to meet her sometime.

Sissy said...

I have been wondering about you and dying to hear the story! She is totally adorable and I'm so happy for you!

Rachel said...

She is beautiful!
I can't wait to hear your story. And welcome back...I've missed you :)

Sam said...

I've been checking every day hoping you would be back! When I opened your blog today, I had a huge smile come across my face... :)
Grace is beautiful! Congratulations! I look forward to reading more about your story.
Sam

hope548 said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to reading your story.

Denver Jen said...

Hooray! I'm so glad to have you back. I've missed you in the blogosphere! Grace is so beautiful. As they say, the best things come to those who wait. What a beautiful daughter! I hope that mommyhood is treating you well. I can't wait to hear all the things you have to say!

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is amazingly beautiful! Congratulations! So happy for you!

Coleen and Gordon said...

Perfect picture of her!

GsMomAswifey said...

E, I love the new layout/header. Grace is getting so big and cute! I love that our IVFC family is complete. Glad to see you are back and can't wait to read more.

Christie said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Mrs H said...

She's gorgeous! I'm so glad you're back!! I've missed you. YOu've got a great little reason for being gone :-)

Maria H. said...

Congrats congrats congrats!!!! The picture of her is FABULOUS!!! Beautiful!

Maria H. said...

Oh and by the way . . . I love the name!! Our baby girl is just one month younger!! So fun!!

Doripink said...

OMG!!! She is gorgeous!! I am sooooo happy for you! I cannot wait to hear about your story!