Sunday, January 18, 2009

Feeling funk-y

I'm getting into a funk with the blogging thing. It's not that I don't want to do it anymore. I'm not sure what it is...writer's block, reading about matches (with nothing going on for us), not enough time in the day. It may be a combo of these things and others. Anyway, I've been a bad blogger.

Maybe I'm just in a general funk about adoption. We're updating our homestudy because of the move. It's also been almost a year since we were approved. In PA, the homestudy has to be updated yearly, so we're due to update anyway. I'm a bit ticked because I realized that not only do we have to do state criminal and child abuse clearances, we also have to do the FBI clearance and fingerprints. And of course, the state doesn't accept personal checks...money orders or certified checks. For $10. Give me a break. OK, enough bitching and moaning.

On a positive note, yoga and Pilates are going well. The Pilates class kicked my ass on Wednesday and I had a lot of difficulty doing anything that involved my abdominals, which in case you haven't noticed, is just about EVERYTHING. But I've needed something to kick my butt into gear for quite a while. It probably wasn't a good idea that I ate about a pound of potato chips WITH french onion dip today. This adds to the funk I'm currently in. (It was so good though.)

9 comments:

Marcie said...

I didn't even realize we had the same blog layout! Too funny. I'm sorry you are in a funk right now. This adoption thing is not for the weak, that's for sure! I guess that's why you often have to go through hell to start the process. Chin up though. I'm told when it happens, the memories of the painful wait melt away. Kind of like labor.

RB said...

Amen to what Marcie said! You've just got to hang in there. Every day is another closer to baby.

Jodi said...

Eileen, did you know that I am also in PA? If you don't mind me asking, are you going through an agency, or just using a facilitator?

I'm sorry that you are in a funk. I think that is very common when it comes to adoption. The wait can be so hard...

I'm just waiting to start the process and it's hard!!!

Hang in there!!! :)

Wendy said...

I'm sorry you are in a funk right now. It takes so much to go through adoption, that's for sure. You're entitled to be in a funk! I hope that renewing your homestudy goes smoothly for you.

Melba said...

I can SO relate! I'm sorry you're in a funk, that is just not a fun feeling. You are entitled to your bitching and moaning though...

sometimes it's all we've got!

Hang in there, all the updating really sucks, and moving is no small feat. Once you all that is done and you are settled again it will feel better.

Good luck on the exercise...it sounds like a great class! :)

Melba

Coleen and Gordon said...

I hear ya sista! Maybe we need a new club called the Funkmasters??? I wish I lived closer to you. We could bitch and moan together. My friends don't get it. I think I will continue the same blog I did for Ella, for the next baby (When??? I have no idea), but now I have nothing to say. KWIM...

GsMomAswifey said...

E, it's 09, that's means new year, new baby!!!
It certainly seems like matches are hard to come by these days. I'm actually just coming out of a funk myself...for different reasons. My dh and I should plan a trip to visit ya. I've been to Pittsburgh once about 11 years ago, dh and I had a great time.
BTW, my dh bought the Sony a350 last July. Now he would like a Nikon, he is giving the Sony to me. I have no clue how to use it properly. I'll have to get advice from ya.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to share where you're doing pilates. I found a Pilates studio in M.edia, but it's pricey. I also considered the yoga studio Mait.ri, but they hardly have any parking. I miss yoga and I know I'm not strong enough to return to the Ashtanga I used to do. As a matter of fact let me know if you know of of a gym. The Y is mega expensive and VERY crowded. I don't like Ball.ys so I'm thinking about the R.idley Sp. Club. Opinion? I have to start given all the health issues I've had.

And hey, it's ok to not blog about adoption. Ya wanna go wine tasting with me and hubby (when Im not on meds) or out to dinner or something? We live close...life can still be fun...

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a pain how they make you feel like such a criminal for wanting to adopt? We had to renew our home study, too, and it was after we were matched with Lucy so it really felt like going through the motions for pure beaurocracy and nothing else. Glad to hear pilates and yoga are going well...they'll be a great help for your stress, but they could be the cause of your funk. If you've been focused on stress and now the excercise is causing you to relax a bit, I would think it might make you feel a bit directionless?